Have we ever though how our body works? Of course the food we eat gives us energy to do every day work and maintain the wear and tear of our body. There are various macro and micro nutrients we obtain from our food, the two major nutrients are Vitamins and minerals. We actually obtain vitamins and minerals from all the food we consume, however the amount of vitamins and minerals we obtain vary in the quantity from one food item to another. It is very necessary to take the right amount of vitamins and minerals to fulfill your body’s daily requirements and thus stay healthy. In this article on vitamins for cherries you will be given information on the nutrients in this wonderful fruit.
Let Us Know Basics Of Vitamins And Minerals
There are two main categories of vitamins which are broadly classified as Fat soluble vitamins and Water soluble vitamins depending on the medium in which they can be absorbed. Fat soluble vitamins are Vitamins A, D, E and K, these all can be stored by your body as the fats of the body acts as its reservoir. Water soluble vitamins are Vitamin B and C; this cannot be stored in the body as it is absorbed by the water. So, it is very necessary to continuously give your body the supply of water soluble vitamins without fail.
Minerals are inorganic substances which are not obtained from plants or animals. There are various minerals viz. calcium, copper, chromium, iron, zinc, etc. Our body needs calcium in large quantities for bones to stay healthy and strong whereas other minerals are required in very less quantity as body functions do not majorly depend on them.
3. Food Basics
If an individual eats a balanced diet consisting of all the necessary vitamins and minerals, he can lead a healthy lifestyle away from any disorders or diseases. Both vitamins and minerals help in gifting a human body strong immunity and proper growth and development. Eating more of fruits and green vegetables loads you with vitamins and minerals. However, in recent times, people crave more for the junk food and avoid healthy diet consumption. Junk food is empty in any kind of mineral or vitamins and is just loaded with calories, when this is eaten majorly for all the meals there occurs deficiency of several or all vitamins and minerals in the body leading to various disorder or weakness in the body. More and more people are thus opting for artificial vitamins and mineral supplements and trying to give their bodies the necessary tonic. Artificial supplements have its own pros and cons and thus it is always better to obtain your daily dose of vitamins and mineral supplements from natural products.
Best Food To Get Vitamins And Minerals Naturally
Cherry fruit is one such natural product which is loaded with lots of nutrients and is highly available this season. It is deep red in color and small round fruit and is filled with taste busters. Along with the tasty treat it gives it helps to boost our immunity by providing antioxidants named as anthocyanin. It is an obvious question in one’s mind that what vitamins are in cherries which makes it such a nutritive fruit and is believed to help shed those extra pounds of weight too. The answer to the question is cherries contains various necessary vitamins like Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin A, Vitamin B6 all of which are essential for muscle formation, blood vessels, blood and building up of bones.
How These Vitamins Help Our Body?
1. Vitamin K
- It is also called ‘clotting vitamin’ as it plays a vital role in clotting blood flow caused during injuries.
- It takes care of our bones by acting as a transporter of calcium to various parts of the body.
2. Vitamin C
Vitamin C contained in the cherries helps in the formation of collagen of blood vessels, tendons and ligaments.
- It also helps in recovering wear and tear of our bodies by formation of new cells and tissues.
- It also gives that radiance to the skin and hair.
3. Vitamin A
- Cherries which are great source of vitamin A help in building a strong immune system and thus protects against infections.
- It also helps in the formation of white blood cells which also work towards boosting up immunity.
- Moreover, vitamin K is important for the dental health and hygiene too.
4. Vitamin B6
This class of vitamin in cherries plays vital role in generating energy out of food.
It also helps in proper functioning of liver and thus saves an individual from disease like jaundice.
This is the vitamin in cherries which keep ones mood happy by enhancing the release of happy hormones from brain.
So, you should grab a big bowl of cherries and stay fit, healthy as well as happy.
Other Benefits Of Snacking On Cherries
1. Get Some Antioxidant Properties
- Cherries provides anthocyanin which gives cherries its red color and acts as a powerful antioxidant which are great for skin and glow of the skin.
- It also gives anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Antioxidants are also said to increase the immunity and thus keep you away from various virus infections.
- Apart from anthocyanin, cherries provide with other antioxidants namely Beta carotene, zaexanthin and lutein.
2. Save Yourself From Heart Attacks
- Cherries are rich sources of potassium which keeps heart fit and fine always.
- Potassium also regulates blood pressure and releases hyper tensions.
- Thus, it saves you from risks of heart attack.
3. Shed Those Extra Pounds
- Cherries are a good source fiber which helps in keeping a steady weight or even weight loss.
- So, keep eating cherries for achieving that body you dreamt off.
4. Sleep Better
- Cherries provides with a dense source of a hormone called melatonin. This melatonin gives you a better sleep and thus helps you stay fit and healthy giving your body to gain energy for next day.
5. Get Rid Of Cholesterol
Cherries contain phytosterols which helps in eliminating cholesterol or bad cholesterol from your body and saves you from many diseases pertaining due to significantly high levels of cholesterol.
6. Stay Young
- It is believed that cherries slows down the process of ageing and thus helps you to look young always.
7. Say No To Pimples
- Cherries avoid popping up of that acne which no one wants. So have more of this red fruit called “cherry”.
Cherries save you from disorders like gouts, arthritis and other problems related to muscles or its inflammation.
The list of vitamins inside cherry as well as the associated list of benefits are wide and long, thus there are no excuses for you not to grab this red tiny fruit called cherry this season.